The mouth watering treat! Everybody focus!!!

Saturday, August 20, 2022

15 years.... and still walking

Hello Everyone!

One of these days, I will prioritize my schedule and make time to stay on top of this blog!

Quick update, I had taken a couple months off from walking to try a job that provided benefits. Well, that didn't work out. As I went to work every morning, I realized this is not what I am meant to do. Benefits or no benefits. My heart lies with the puppies. So back to walking I go! No better benefits than kisses and tail wags!!

A lot of my clients were so happy to hear I was back, and I started walking the following week (in some cases, the next day!) I am truly blessed with the clientele I have and for so many years! 

I also started volunteering for a local rescue called The Animal Pad. They are located in La Mesa, Casa de Oro /Helix area. They are overwhelmed with all the dogs that they have and the condition some of these dogs are in. I have only been there for a couple weeks and I am learning a lot!

One thing I learned is a cancer that dogs can get. It's called Transmissible Venereal Tumor or TVT. It's different from other cancers, TVTs are transferrable between dogs. It is sexually transmitted through direct skin-to-skin contact with the tumor that results in cancer cells being transplanted from dog to dog. The rescue has so many of dogs with this disease, it's heartbreaking. Thankfully it is curable tumor with the help of chemo treatments and has an excellent prognosis. 

I am hoping to be able to work with the shelter and "feature" a dog every couple weeks to get them some publicity and also share adoption events that we are having to get as much exposure to these babies as possible. 

Stay tuned!!

 www.theanimalpad.org

No comments:

Post a Comment