The mouth watering treat! Everybody focus!!!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Gem Called Sebastian

I sit here on a Sunday evening after being awakened at 5:30am for potty and breakfast, wondering what I am doing creating a blog and what I can possibly share with you. I have met so many dogs in the last 4 years and every single one of them has a distinct personality. Each one eats differently, walks differently, sniffs and sleeps differently. If dogs could talk, what stories we would hear and how many smiles and maybe tears they would bring.

Let me start with my boy Sebastian. Sebastian came into my life back in 1998 when he was just 6 months old.  Sebastian was an American Staffordshire terrier, didn’t have a mean bone in his body. Growing up Sebastian earned the name of Stinky Pink. For the reasons that he liked to play with skunks and roll in dog poop and in the summer time his underbelly, tip of his nose and his eyes would get pink. Sebastian didn’t seem to mind this nickname, he figured every day the sun would come up and go down, breakfast and dinner would be served and all was ok with the world! Treats were a must!

When I started my business, Stop! Doggie Time! and more doggies started coming into our lives, Sebastian would kindly make room on his bed, allow them to drink from his water bowl and share his mother’s time. I would get a look from him when I would tell him that we were going to have company and if he could talk he would probably say, ah ma, really? But once our friend got to our home, he put that aside and welcomed them with open paws (or most times, would leave the room and go outside for a bit!) Sebastian recently passed from cancer at the age of 13 ½, and how many people he charmed throughout the years with being such a sweet, gentle, loving dog. He was my boy and will forever be a part of me. Sebastian liked the simple life, lying in the sun, rides in the car and taking a stroll down the street to smell the flowers. Something that I am working on following…. With an armful of dogs in tow of course!

For those of you who has a dog or knows of a doggie friend that is dealing with cancer, a good website for information that can help is k9medicinals.com. Cool thing with this company is that they don’t charge for shipping.  Another good site is helpyourdogfightcancer.com. I wish you the best of luck!


The dog who broke the mold...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww Sebastian :( I get so sad knowing I won't have my babies forever.

    ReplyDelete