The mouth watering treat! Everybody focus!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Best Friends Animal Society

For those of you who know me, know that I am a huge fan of Best Friends Animal Society. They are the largest no kill facility in the country and are located in Kanab County Utah. The Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Angel Canyon is at the heart of the Golden circle of national parks in southern Utah and is home to approximately 1,700 animals, which include dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, pot belly pigs, horses and much more. My recent visit was back in Jan 2011 for my birthday and it was the best time one could have.(if walking dogs, piggies and grooming horses is your thing!) The employees are the most friendliest and taught me so much about the animals that I volunteered with. This was my "vacation" and I had the best time "working" walking dogs, and even a pot belly pig names Squeaky. He was the office piggy and was very easily persuaded to take a walk with just a trail of almonds.  If you are a fan of animals and would love to volunteer helping out animals I suggest you visit Best Friends. They have cabins & cottages that you can rent and stay right on the property. They also have a spot that you can bring your trailer and camp out. The canyon is so surreal and peaceful, to me its the greatest place on earth.


Meet Squeaky


No comments:

Post a Comment