The mouth watering treat! Everybody focus!!!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Parker's typical morning...

It's Sunday morning and I'm sitting here with my cup of tea and have Hotel for Dogs on the tube. I thought I would talk about my boy and what a "Parker morning" consists of. First of all, Parker is NOT a morning dog at all. If I have an early client and am able to come back after my first walk, he stays in bed until I come back. He rarely gets up before 9! I'm so glad I don't have my other job where I had to get up at 5, he wouldn't make it! He sleeps in his bed and likes to be under a blanket. I have him to where if I ask him if he is "Chillus" he nudges the blanket and that tells me that he is chilly and is ready to go under the blanket, most times that is where he stays. There is the rare occasion where he will get up in the middle of the night, make a little whimper to wake me up to tell me that his blanket came off and he needs it back on. (And we think we train them, ha!)

Then morning rolls around....

I get up, make my tea, turn on the tube and there is still no movement from under the blue blanket. As the morning continues and I make a little more noise, I look over and will sometimes see this.....

By all means is this little boy in a hurry to get up in the morning! My kind of guy! This look will usually last for a good 10 - 15 minutes and then I get this....

Slowly crawling out from under the blanket and I usually get a big yawn. 

But when that blanket is off, all bets are off! The first thing he goes for is his ball. He hasn't even stretched yet and he's rolling a ball across the floor. We play for a minute and then outside he goes. His main priority in life is the ball. He doesn't "ask" to eat or to go potty, he wants to play. I have to take him for a walk to get him to potty because he will not go in the yard. That is his playground, not his bathroom! When I first rescued him, it had been a couple years since I had my Sebastian (so I fell out of practice with time and dog duties) and there were times when it would be 9 at night and I would realize that he didn't eat dinner yet. Parker wasn't the least bit interested in food, his interest was in a green tennis ball. I would ask him if he wanted dinner and he had the expression on his face like, oh yeah food, sure why not! He would eat and then.. you guessed it right back to it!

He reminds me of when I was little and if we were swimming and had lunch, we would have to wait a half hour before we could go back in the pool cause we would get cramps. Parker is somewhat similar to where he has to wait a little bit after eating before he can play again because he will get sick. Talk about a hard task to accomplish! He will be persistent with trying to get you to play with him and if you ignore him, you will get this....
Needless to say, this little guy keeps me on my toes and if I let him, he would go at it 24 hours a day! I love this boy and am so glad to have found him.

So as one can imagine, at this moment, Parker is patiently waiting for a ball to be thrown. And as I am writing this, I look over to my door and see this...
Parker peeking under the door, saying.. "Hey Mom! You going to throw the ball yet?" On that note, I am going to finish this story and tend to my obsessed little boy. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment